01 Nov How to Safely Use an Urbo Bike
It’s vital to observe the rules of the road when cycling a dockless bike
Now that Urbo has hit the streets of London, it’s important that everyone stays safe while operating the bikes. An influx of bikes in any given area will always lead to more cycling, which is great. However we must be conscious of both the safety of ourselves and those who we share the road with.
Here’s some general tips for staying safe while using your Urbo.
- Wear a helmet.
- Do not legally park your bike, or park in an area that may obstruct the public.
- Make sure you keep to the left. Always look behind and give the proper signal before moving off, changing lanes or making a turn.
- Follow the rules of the road, never run traffic lights or weave unpredictably in and out of traffic.
- Respect other road users – don’t get into shouting matches with motorists; stop at pedestrian crossings; don’t cycle on the footpath.
- Watch your speed, especially when cycling on busy streets and going downhill.
- Steer well clear of left-turning trucks: let them turn before you move ahead.
- Do not cycle on footpaths.
At Urbo, your safety is paramount to us. Please ensure you exercise both caution and safety at all times. If you feel there are any other safety tips could be helpful to the Turbo community, please email us at email@example.com.
Happy cycling and welcome to Urbo!